Wednesday 20 April 2016

Week 26

This week was the start of our new task, which is the time machine, I wanted to make my time machine more of a mechanic in a video game instead of a narrative piece in a video game. So I had two ideas for my asset creation task. The first was a robotic hand that allows the user to see where an object has come from in time and space and enter a virtual space in which the object originated from to inspect for clues on its origin (a vault key maybe), set in a gritty borderlands art atheistic with lots of guns. The second idea was a police detective drone that scans a room and uses the information inside of the room to make up a virtual re-enactment of what happened in the crime scene, therefore creating a time machine.
        For this task my plan on time was;
-First week, make sure I've nailed down what I wish too create for this task and begin on such.
-Second week, begin making and complete making the high poly.
-Third week, begin making and complete the low poly from the high poly model.
-Fourth week, create all maps essential for this task and present the piece correctly finished.
-Fifth week, in case there's any issues that required more time before hand-in.
-Sixth week, get things together for hand making sure everything has been met for hand in.
       I decided in the end to go for the drone idea as it seemed a little more simple for creation. So I began creation of this, I got together a few images for reference to try and make something that could mirror a real life drone. I have decided though as both idea's are hard surface items I'm going to stay within Maya due to the fact that I'm thinking any surface detail I can put back in using a roughness map. Below are the beginnings of my drone was a fairly simple process with very few issues so far. Only thing I have noticed however is that I need to watch where I'm putting edge loops in future so I don't have any complicated issues further down the line. I also re-used the special duplicate from the telephone project to create all four wings perfectly adjacent to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment