Wednesday 20 April 2016

Week 31

Hand in week. So I attended a drop in session with Chris on Monday to just double check somethings with the metal map and roughness map (if they're black and white). I was able to make the metal map rather quick due to the fact that its very binary in the sense it's either on or off and the only thing that wasn't metal on my piece was the carbon fibre that surrounded the mount for the limb to go in. The roughness map took a bit longer with Chris showing a good technique to produce over spray and to lift the paint up. For example the infinity logo on the top, I used a dark grey underneath that part on the roughness map that really brought that logo up and makes it look as if its sitting on top of the rest of the paint. I was also able to make the finger tips look warn down with the roughness map and on the wrist I was able to make it look as if oil had been dropped on the surface of it. I can really see the potential of a program like substance painter that allows you to paint directly on to the surface of an object because it ends up giving a more cohesive look to the piece. Where as doing it the old fashion way like I did it can be hard to match up the exact amount of ware on each piece. I've also ended up putting my pillar into Marmoset to get some cleaner more professional shots as you can see below. I'm really happy with the way they look and how they've come together.



No comments:

Post a Comment