Monday 4 January 2016

Week 15

Christmas week, unfortunately last week I wasn't able to get any work done due to the fact I was working everyday but Christmas day. This week however was different. This week I focused on texturing my cart with wood textures, bringing it up to a level that was better than the basic colour layouts that I left it with last time. I also started and finished my barrel design focusing on lighting design shading from one side to another and emphasising heavily on my wood texture design. Due to the lack of time around my Christmas break I haven't returned to my last barrel design that I created in the workshop but I am looking to return to the design before the hand in of this project.
        First my cart design I am really happy with the outcome of my cart texturing, it isn't finished by any stretch I want to design more of the main body than I have. Yet it being an extra I wanted to do over my Christmas break I'm really happy with the outcome. This has also taught me alt about painting, texture resolution and most importantly UV layouts. Having had to re-do my snapshots on many a time, I have learnt an absolute shed load of information surrounding it. Which I think will be put into true action later in the project when we have to design a more advanced mesh and texture it. If I had more time I would like to have put in a sign, some bread and maybe a leaflet of some description on the table. Overall I think my initial mesh was a success as It was an easy mesh to design but with a complicated aesthetic that lends it's self to games like World of Warcraft and Dota 2.
        All I learnt in the creation of my cart was then put heavily into the design of my barrel as you can see I focused heavily on lighting which helped to make my texture look 3D rather than a 2D surface. I really like the colours that I used focusing hard to use a very select few that work well together. I enjoyed creating my barrel, after finishing the texturing I am really happy with the overall outcome of the brass rings around my barrel and the fact that I went with a top heavy design. Overall I think the barrel was a success and I especially like my cork as I tried hard to replicate the texture of a cork. If I'd had more time I would have like to have made up a tankard to go on top of the barrel along with the gold I've already stacked on top of my barrel.
        I'm also going to include some photo's below of them sitting together as I imagine they would be, when I put them together I saw that really creating something as big as a cart I probably should have increased my texture resolution of 1024x1024. Overall this week has been very productive and I'm quiet happy with the outcomes of my Christmas task.







No comments:

Post a Comment